Last Updated: [23 May 2022]
We take the privacy, including the security, of personal information we hold about you seriously. This privacy notice is designed to inform you about how we collect personal information about you and how we use that personal information. You should read this privacy notice carefully so that you know and can understand why and how we use the personal information we collect and hold about you.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or issues arising from it then you should contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org].
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We will collect personal data from you when you voluntarily submit information directly to us either by our website or platforms. This can include information you provide when you subscribe to our email lists, purchase a product, complete a form, enter a competition or respond to surveys or promotions.
Personal information we collect will include the following:
- Contact details; such as your first name and surname, your email address, your telephone number, and address associated with your account.
- Profile information: As above and any other information you share to enhance your profile with us such as your date of birth.
- Comments and opinions: comments and opinions you share on our products and services when you provide feedback or reviews, or when you respond to our surveys, competitions and promotions.
- Messages to us: messages you send to use such as an email, chat or written correspondence.
- Payment and transaction information: records of the products that you have looked at on our website or that you have added to your basket.
- We automatically collect information about how you use our website such as the pages you view, the links you access and the time and duration you’re browsing.
- We also automatically collect information about the computer or other electronic devices you use to connect to our website such as it’s operating system, your internet service provider or mobile network and your IP address.
- Information about your location: Your device’s IP address may help us determine your approximate location, but this will be no more precise than the city, county or region.
- Information from fraud prevention organisations: Where permitted by law, if fraudulent activity is suspected related to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud, and crime prevention organisations.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Contact details: we will use your contact details so that we can communicate with you directly via phone, SMS or email about queries, issues, problems we have detected or concerns you may have. We may also use your contact details to send you information about similar products and services we think may be of interest to you (such communications will be in accordance with your marketing preferences as explained in more detail below).
- Profile information: we use your profile information to further personalise our communication to you, this may include using your birthday to send you promotions.
- Comments and opinions: we will use your comments and opinions to determine similar products and services that may be of interest to you. We may ask that you share photographs of our products once installed, these may be used for advertising purposes / displayed on our website, but we will not share personal information about you without your prior consent i.e. social handle.
- Payment and transaction: we will use payment and transaction information you provide to process payment for any product or service you purchase from use. We may also use the history of your transactions with us to determine similar products that may be of interest to you.
- Messages to us: we will use messages you send to us to help us respond to any query, issue or concern you raise.
- Information about products you have looked at: we use this information to send you reminders and further information about these products. We will also use this information to determine similar products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Information about how you use and connect to us: we use this information to present the platform to you on your device. We will also use this information to determine similar topics, products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Information about your location: we may use an approximate location to ensure content on our website is relevant to the city, county or country you are using your device in. We will not collect or track your precise location without your consent.
- Information about fraudulent activity relating to your account: we will use information about fraudulent activity relating to your account for the purposes of preventing fraud or crime.
- All personal data on an aggregated basis: we will use all the personal data we collect to: (i) monitor and improve the platform and our procedures and processes; and (ii) to help us develop new products and services.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the information we collect (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the platform, developing new products and features or displaying information about the purchases made via our platform such as the most popular purchases or purchases based on an approximate location.
- We process your personal data (i) with your consent, (ii) when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you (for example, the contract of sale), (iii) where we are required to do this by law (for example, where it is necessary to retain it in connection with potential litigation), and/or (iv) when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, we have a legitimate interest in offering and providing Screen With Envy products and services, deter fraud and carry out direct marketing.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service providers, partners and advisors: third parties who provide a service to us, partner with us on certain business activities, advise us or that we work within other business capacities. For example, we use a third party delivery service to deliver any products you buy to your postal address. We may also pass your personal data to our marketing and other business partners and other carefully selected third parties who may wish to offer you other goods or services that we or they have identified as likely to be of interest to you. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal data in accordance with our instructions or your marketing preferences (where applicable) and will be required to keep your information secure.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
4.2 We do not disclose personal data to anyone else except as set out above, where permitted by law and/or with your consent. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the platform but we will make sure that no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal data to or who we need to disclose your personal data to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
PROCESSING YOUR DATA
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
- Email & SMS Marketing - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our similar products and services which we think you may be interested in if you agree [at the point of registration / sale]. Thereafter, if you do not want us to send you email marketing, please use the contact details below. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
- Email & SMS Notifications About Your Order or Changes to the Services We Provide - We may send you email notifications in relation to your order or changes to the way we provide our services to you.
- Advertising on the site and other social media websites – We, or our advertising partners, may show advertisements to you on our platform or on other platforms. To do this we, or our advertising partners, may collect information about how you use the platform or the types of other web pages, content and ads you, or others who are using the device you connect to the platform, interact with, visit or view. The information collected might also include the IP address of the device you connect to the platform or the e-mail address you provide to us or our platform. We, or our advertising partners, use the information that is collected to make sure adverts you see either on the platform or other platforms or apps (where our partners have advertising space) are more relevant to you.
- The techniques our advertising partners use recognise the device or e-mail address you are using. Typically cookies and similar technologies are used to provide this type of advertising. You can find out more about cookies and how to manage their use by reading our Cookies Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Marketing: As stated above, you may opt-out of receiving such emails from us by using the contact details provided below, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
- Access, rectify, port, block, complete, delete and update: You have the right to access, rectify, block, port, complete, delete and update your personal data, and to restrict its use. You also have the right to request further information about the processing of your personal data.
- Object: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us.
You can exercise the above rights by contacting us using the details provided below at any time. All requests will be dealt with at the earliest opportunity and any delay will be kept to a minimum.
There are exceptions to these rights; for example, access may be refused if it would reveal personal data about another person or if we are prevented from disclosing such information by law.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to the competent data protection authority (ICO).
When we ask you to supply us with your personal data we will make it clear whether the data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the products and services to you, or whether the supply of any information we ask for is optional.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will retain your information, whether your account is active, for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
NOTICE TO YOU